Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Snow Kayaking

Duration: 86 seconds
Upload Time: 07-02-02 15:11:34
User: tvproducing
:::: Favorites
Description:

-- To start with -- I don't recommend kayaking in frozen water due to the risk of hypothermia. I have kayaked for a long time so I know what I can and can't do. In my video I almost ate it because I had expected to crash through the ice but it was thicker than I thought and I almost went into the water sideways ( which can mean a roll over). So, at the last minute I had to dig into the ice to try to straighten the boat as much as I could before I fell through the thinner ice. --- Well I tend to get bored and when there is a chance to do something stupid then I usually go for it. Well it was 17 degrees outside and there is a pond next to my apartment. So, I thought, "Why not break out the kayaking to slide into the frozen pond?" Whenever it snows enough to cover hills nicely I will take the kayak out for what I call "Snow Kayaking" because a kayak is the best sled you could ever have. They are made slick to go through water so they glide over snow easily too. Not to mention that you can control them a lot more easily because you have a paddle to direct you with by digging into the ground.

Comments
jrizzzle ::: Favorites
I've always wanted to snow kayak but I never think to bust it out in the cold weather
07-03-05 20:31:48
_____________________________________________________
tunedin2 ::: Favorites
how did you get out of the water ? just curious
07-04-04 20:17:03
_____________________________________________________
tvproducing ::: Favorites
I paddled to the edge of the water and got out like I do at any other body of water. I stand up and get out.
07-04-06 04:49:50
_____________________________________________________
Turkej ::: Favorites
very nice, watch my video with kayak on snow, it´s in my profile :)
07-05-19 04:45:13
_____________________________________________________

No comments: