Monday, November 19, 2007

Overlander.tv - Way of Saint James Pilgrimage, Day 1

Duration: 06:59 minutes
Upload Time: 2007-04-04 11:19:29
User: overlander
:::: Favorites
:::: Top Videos of Day
Description:

Every filmmaker has their 'project in the bottom draw'! A project that for whatever reason, has never seen the light of day. My 2004 trip along the Ancient Spanish Pilgrimage route, the Way of Saint James, is such a unfinished symphony, and like an albatross around my neck, it haunts me that it lays incomplete, it's story never told. I've never managed to edit a version I have been happy to release.This is despite many filmmaker friends, who have seen the rough cuts, stating it is my finest 'rawest ' work. Finally my muse has agreed to release this work, in small bite size portions. My muse has told me, 'Just get it out there, edit it in small chunks. Forget the consequences, you prima dona!' So here it is, the first day. Be gentle with your judgements, I really had no idea what I was doing, a stranger in a strange land, but as the journey unfolds, so too does my understanding of why so many people see the 'el camino' as a life-changing experience. I first heard about the 'Camino' when I read Paulo Coelho's book, 'The Pilgrimage' I was fascinated by the story; a secret society, spiritual gifts. I decided I had to do it, and took a vow I wouldn't cut my hair until I did! Things fell into place, early 2004. So here it is, a special Easter gift for my subscribers (Two videos in one week, Wow!)

No comments: